geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Manu George" <manu.t.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: (Please Reply urgently help needed) How to configure Session Bean Pool Size
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 04:57:21 GMT
Hi,
     Comments added inline below

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 8:41 PM, puneetjain <puneet.jain1@wipro.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I have one problem with the Stateless Session Bean Instance Pool
>  configuration:
>  I have tried below configuration:
>
>   <module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/openejb/2.0.2/car">
>
>         <gbean name="EJBNetworkService">
>             <attribute name="port">${OpenEJBPort + PortOffset}</attribute>
>             <attribute name="host">${ServerHostname}</attribute>
>         </gbean>
>         <gbean name="DefaultStatelessContainer">
>             <attribute name="properties">TimeOut 120000
>                                 PoolSize 100
>                                 StrictPooling true</attribute>
>         </gbean>
>     </module>
>
>  I want to restrict the pool size to 100 i.e. if there are more than 100
>  requests come, only 100 requests will be served. Rest of the requests would
>  be waiting until a bean gets free.
Yes this is what should happen. At one instant there will be only a 100 SLSBs

>  No more than 100 beans should be
>  instantiated to serve the requests.

This will not be true. A pool size of 100 means only a 100 beans at
any instant. There will occur certain conditions when bean instances
are discarded from the pool and new Instances created

>  With the above configuration the number of instantiate beans is more than
>  the pool size.
This should not happen. Keep in mind that there will be 100 beans at
one instant and thats all thats guaranteed. However discarding of
instances shouldn't be that common normally. Anyway I  see that you
posted on the openejb lists too and David B has responded so we can
continue the discussion there.

>  Environment:
>  =========
>  OS: Redhat Enterprise Linux 4
>  Application Server: Geronimo 2.0.2 with tomcat distribution
>  EJB 3.0
>
>  Please help me to resolve the problem. Any reply will be appreciated.
>
>  Thanks,
>

> Puneet

Regards
Manu

> [...]
>  >>  puneetjain wrote:
>  >>  >
>  >>  > Hi Manu,
>  >>  >
>  >>  > Thanks a lot for your help. I desperately needed for that.
>  >>  >
>  >>  > Greetings,
>  >>  > Puneet
>  >>  >
>  >>  >
>  >>  >
>  >>  > manucet wrote:
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >> Hi Puneet,
>  >>  >>           Currently in Geronimo you only have a single container
each
>  >>  >> for Stateless and Stateful
>  >>  >> Session beans and in openejb(EJB provider in geronimo) the pool size
>  >>  >> is set per container.  So you can set only a pool size for all
>  >>  >> stateless beans and another for all stateful beans. For this you
need
>  >>  >> to modify config.xml. Change the entry for module
>  >>  >> org.apache.geronimo.configs/openejb/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car as given below.
>  >>  >> The config.xml can be found in <GERONIMO_HOME>/var/config directory.
>  >>  >> Please note that the config.xml should be changed when the server
is
>  >>  >> not running.
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >>   <module
>  >> name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/openejb/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car">
>  >>  >>         <gbean name="EJBNetworkService">
>  >>  >>             <attribute name="port">${OpenEJBPort +
>  >>  >> PortOffset}</attribute>
>  >>  >>             <attribute name="host">${ServerHostname}</attribute>
>  >>  >>         </gbean>
>  >>  >>         <gbean name="DefaultStatelessContainer">
>  >>  >>             <attribute name="properties">PoolSize=200</attribute>
>  >>  >>         </gbean>
>  >>  >>         <gbean name="DefaultStatefulContainer">
>  >>  >>             <attribute name="properties">PoolSize=2000</attribute>
>  >>  >>         </gbean>
>  >>  >>  </module>
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >> The above will result in all stateless beans having a pool size of
>  >> 200
>  >>  >> and all stateful beans having a pool size of 2000
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >> Regards
>  >>  >> Manu
>  >>  >> On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 11:17 PM, puneetjain <puneet.jain1@wipro.com>
>  >>  >> wrote:
>  >>  >>>
>  >>  >>>
>  >>  >>>
>  >>  >>>  puneetjain wrote:
>  >>  >>>  > I am new to Geronimo Application Server.
>  >>  >>>  > I have written a sample application which contains one
Session
>  >> Bean
>  >>  >>> in it.
>  >>  >>>  > I need to configure the session bean pool size in geronimo.
Will