geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Manu George" <manu.t.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MDB performance tuning, configuration
Date Sun, 23 Mar 2008 18:15:37 GMT
You may have tried this out but increasing the maxMessagesPerSession
activation config property will increase the prefetch size and
generally speed it up a bit more. I assume u have already increased
the maxSessions activation config property to increase the no of
parallel Mdb instances. Here is a link for the properties that AMQ
allows http://activemq.apache.org/activation-spec-properties.html. The
configurable OpenEJB properties are given here
http://openejb.apache.org/example-generated-documentation.html.

Try setting the InstanceLimit property of the MdbContainer to 0 so
that the no of instances created matches the no of AMQ sessions
available. For setting this you need to set this as a system property.
The property should be containerId.InstanceLimit where containerId is
of the format  <artifactId>.<Resource Group Name>-<listener interface>

eg: org.apache.geronimo.configs/activemq-ra/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car.ActiveMQ
RA-javax.jms.MessageListener

ie <artifactId> =  artifactId of the jms RA
<Resource Group Name> - The resource Group name u gave while creating the RA
<listener interface> - javax.jms.MessageListener in this case

So the property in this case can be set as
org.apache.geronimo.configs/activemq-ra/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car.ActiveMQ\
RA-javax.jms.MessageListener.InstanceLimit=0

Regards
Manu