geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Manu George" <manu.t.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Relation between MDB's instances, instanceLimit and threads
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 10:18:02 GMT
Hi Beniamin,
                    The JIRA explains what changes need to be made to
AMQ code. You can try checking out AMQ 4.1.1. from the AMQ site
(http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq/tags/activemq-4.1.1/) and
making the change as mentioned in the JIRA. The change is in the
method getServerSession of the class
org.apache.activemq.ra.ServerSessionPoolImpl. The line number is 120.
You just need to change the if condition from if (idleSessions.size()
== 0) to if (activeSessions.size() == 0). I have tried this out and
for me it even solves the problem that we need to give
maxMessagesPerSession == maxSessions. I tested with maxSessions =10
and maxMessagesPerSession = 100 and it was able to process 4000
messages (4 requests of 1000 each) without any being left in the
queue. I know that there are many other combinations I have not tried
yet and I cannot vouch that they will work but if still you get the
problem after applying this patch we will know that there is some
other problem also.

Regards
Manu