geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.1 and Seam
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2008 01:07:44 GMT

On Mar 11, 2008, at 5:09 PM, Burt Prior wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Got it!  Applied the patch and everything works great with no
> errors! Hello
> Geronimo and Seam! (with not a single error!).  Our team is
> celebrating!

Great!  We're trying very hard to get OpenEJB 3.0 out the door and
tested for potential inclusion in G 2.1.1.  With a bit more luck you
won't have to use that patched jar for much longer.

> Question 1:
>
> Is following snippet in <persistence> needed anymore?  What does
> 'cmp' do?
> I think Jacek initially used this for some reason I don't
> understand.  Do I
> have to include this in every Geronimo/Seam project?  Do I always
> have to
> create 2 PU's like this replicating the <class>'s in a 'cmp' PU?

>       <!-- change the way the default PU works - make it an alias to
> bookingDatabase PU -->
>        <persistence-unit name="cmp">
>          <class>org.jboss.seam.example.booking.Booking</class>
>          <class>org.jboss.seam.example.booking.Hotel</class>
>          <class>org.jboss.seam.example.booking.User</class>
>          <exclude-unlisted-classes>true</exclude-unlisted-classes>
>        </persistence-unit>
>      </persistence>

I don't know Seam at all, so hopefully we don't confuse each other,
but I can tell you that the cmp persistence unit is dedicated our
generated CMP 2.x and 1.1 classes -- we use JPA to run your CMPs.  I'm
not familiar with why Jacek had you add that, so I'm not sure what to
advise.  We generate the cmp peristence unit for you as well, so I'm
not too sure on any reason you'd need to explicitly create it.

If you can get by without it and things work, I'd definitely get rid
of it.

> Question 2:
>
> I added the concurrency lib to Geronimo's repository as in a prevously
> mentioned thread.
>
> Do I need the following anymore?  Do I have to include this in every
> Geronimo/Seam project plan?

>      <!--  bprior added new dependency below per david jencks -->
>
>       <dependency>
>        <groupId>concurrent</groupId>
>        <artifactId>concurrent</artifactId>
>        <type>jar</type>
>      </dependency>

Maybe David J. could comment on that one.

-David