geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Initialize Hibernate During Deployment
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 18:18:45 GMT

On Mar 3, 2008, at 10:05 AM, pdennis wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Thanks, that did work for me.
>
> After your last post about listeners, I found this
> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/wasce/V2.0.0/en/lifecycle-
> listeners.html#Lifecyclelisteners-webapp
> article  about life cycle listeners, and I had a deploy error with the
> <gbean> tags.
Hmmm..... I would have hoped that this bit of documentation could
have discussed when you would use the standard jee listeners
available to any web app and when you would need a proprietary tomcat
extension accessed through a proprietary geronimo configuration
method.  Basically unless you have to get into really deep geronimo
internals you are better off with the jee listeners configured in
your web.xml.  If you have to use some geronimo internals you can
arrange to look up a gbean in jndi.

> Your solution was app server independent and much easier to implement.

glad the simpler solution worked.

thanks
david jencks