geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.0.1 bundled with Intalio BPMS
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:33:39 GMT

On Mar 13, 2008, at 12:39 AM, rommie wrote:
<snip>

>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.security.SubjectId.hashCode(SubjectId.java:79)
>        at java.util.HashMap.put(HashMap.java:418)
>        at java.util.Collections$SynchronizedMap.put(Collections.java:
> 1983)
>        at
> org
> .apache
> .geronimo
> .security.ContextManager.registerSubject(ContextManager.java:299)
>        at
> org
> .apache
> .geronimo.security.ContextManager.<clinit>(ContextManager.java:71)
>        ... 37 more
> 11:21:52,172 WARN
> [org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicLifecycleMonitor]
> [main] Exception occured while notifying listener
> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
>

> Any hint?

This can occur if either JRE_HOME or JAVA_HOME environment variables
are not configured properly. I created a Jira to see if we could do a
better job of indicating the cause of the error (e.g. catch the NPE
and suggest checking JRE_HOME or JAVA_HOME settings). Depending on how
you start a 2.1 server, this may or may not be required (I don't think
it's required if you use './gsh geronimo/start-server' to start the
server).

Do you have JRE_HOME or JAVA_HOME set? And do they point to an actual
java installation? If one of them is set, then how do you start the
server when bundled with Intalio?

--kevan