geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo v2.1 Plan Creator => Deploy Liferay 4.1.1
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 01:10:11 GMT

On Mar 4, 2008, at 12:21 PM, Peter Petersson wrote:

> Hi Jim
>
> If you do a google search on "liferay permgen" you will get a lot
> of results about it so this seems to be a general "issue".
>
> I have been testing out several older versions of Liferay with
> Geronimo 1.1.1 and 2.0.2 and my experience with it is that Liferay
> is a real best, although a nice one ;) that likes a lot of memory
> so try bump up memory by setting it to something like -Xms128m -
> Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m in you java opts and hopefully it
> will stabilize.

Yes!! I don't know if we fixed something or what happened but
increasing perm size and memory moved us onto  a different,
classloading, error that was easy to fix.

I've updated the instructions a bit. Since then I've gotten a bit
farther.  Apparently liferay wants to be run with contextPath "/".
After unpacking the server if you adjust var/config/config-
substitutions.properties so LiferayContextPath=/
then the server will start and you can see the start page at /
However there's still something wrong, I get
17:04:07,548 ERROR [jsp] java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException:
String index out of range: -12
         at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1768)
         at
com.liferay.portlet.PortletContextImpl.getRequestDispatcher
(PortletContextImpl.java:99)
         at
com.liferay.portal.struts.PortletRequestProcessor.doInclude
(PortletRequestProcessor.java:452)
         at
com.liferay.portal.struts.PortletRequestProcessor.doForward
(PortletRequestProcessor.java:435)
         at
org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processTilesDefinition
(TilesRequestProcessor.java:239)
         at
org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processForwardConfig
(TilesRequestProcessor.java:302)
         at
com.liferay.portal.struts.PortletRequestProcessor.processForwardConfig
(PortletRequestProcessor.java:276)
         at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process
(RequestProcessor.java:241)
         at com.liferay.portal.struts.PortletRequestProcessor.process
(PortletRequestProcessor.java:123)
         at com.liferay.portlet.StrutsPortlet.include
(StrutsPortlet.java:224)
         at com.liferay.portlet.StrutsPortlet.doView
(StrutsPortlet.java:195)
         at
com.liferay.portal.kernel.portlet.LiferayPortlet.doDispatch
(LiferayPortlet.java:51)
         at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.render(GenericPortlet.java:175)
         at com.liferay.portlet.CachePortlet._invoke
(CachePortlet.java:440)
         at com.liferay.portlet.CachePortlet.render(CachePortlet.java:
251)
         at
org.apache.jsp.html.portal.render_005fportlet_jsp._jspService
(render_005fportlet_jsp.java:1345)
         at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service
(HttpJspBase.java:70)
         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:806)
         at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service
(JspServletWrapper.java:388)
         at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile
(JspServlet.java:320)

whenever I view a page and the create account functionality isn't
available.

Any ideas what might be wrong?  Maybe the liferay people would like
to help???

thanks
david jencks