geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: NullPointerException by MDB in getCurrentContext()
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 23:51:30 GMT

On Mar 19, 2008, at 4:24 PM, ApolloX wrote:

> djencks wrote:
>>
>> It would be a lot easier for us to investigate and possibly fix this
>> in a more current geronimo version such as 2.1.
>>

> I would like to but as I've mentioned in previous posts, the
> 'untested'
> support for CMP2 using JPA in 2.X versions of Geronimo leaves my
> application
> running at speeds 100s of times slower than they currently run at.

I talked with dain about this a little bit and his experience is that
except for a couple of not-too-frequent and fixable situations
(involving collections???) the jpa-based cmp2s are faster than the
tranql ones in geronimo 1.x.  Dain doesn't look at this mailing list
much any more so I suggest you ask about this on the openejb lists.

> djencks wrote:
>>
>> While this is almost certainly a bug -- you should only be able to
>> access unchecked methods from a mdb without additional configuration
>> -- I think there is a way to configure a default principal or
>> default
>> subject or default role that would supply the missing Subject.
>>

> I've checked, there is a message context, but I'm guessing its a
> context on
> another layer thats broken.  Interestingly, I can make session bean
> calls
> using a transaction from within the MDB, so right now I have the
> MDB taking
> to local session bean that can access entity objects.  Not a great
> solution,
> but it works.

Can you post a stack trace?

I think I remember that in 2.x I have an empty, registered Subject so
that there is always a "unauthenticated" user with no checked
permissions, and that I added this so you wouldn't get into
situations like this.  Can you show your security configuration in
the openejb-jar.xml?  It might help to see if something can be
configured as a default subject.

thanks
david jencks