geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Andrey Tedeev <ted_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: complex geronimo-web.xml problem
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2008 19:12:11 GMT

OK. I have found a WORKING solution (at least application deploys without any
errors)

I cut persistence block from geronimo-web.xml and paste it into
WEB-INF/persistence.xml

It looks not like this (interested parts in bold)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<persistence version="1.0" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd">
  <persistence-unit name="equipment-pu">

    <jta-data-source>jdbc-jta-ds</jta-data-source>
	<non-jta-data-source>jdbc-non-jta-ds</non-jta-data-source>
    <!-- ssi.api.jpa.company -->
    <class>ssi.api.jpa.company.Description</class>
    <class>ssi.api.jpa.company.Equipment</class>
    <class>ssi.api.jpa.company.EquipmentMaintanence</class>
    <class>ssi.api.jpa.company.EquipmentMaintanenceType</class>
    <class>ssi.api.jpa.company.EquipmentType</class>
    <properties>
      <property name="openjpa.Log" value="DefaultLevel=TRACE, Tool=TRACE,
SQL=INFO"/>
      <property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary"
value="ssi.api.jpa.AS400Dictionary"/>
    </properties>
  </persistence-unit>
</persistence>

Then in geronimo-web.xml I have this references :

<nam:resource-ref xmlns:nam="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2">
	<nam:ref-name>jdbc-jta-ds</nam:ref-name>
	<nam:resource-link>jdbc-jta-AAF</nam:resource-link>
</nam:resource-ref>

<nam:resource-ref xmlns:nam="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2">
	<nam:ref-name>jdbc-non-jta-ds</nam:ref-name>
	<nam:resource-link>jdbc-non-jta-AAF</nam:resource-link>
</nam:resource-ref>

Now it seems to be deploying. though i did not test real work yet using
@PersistenceContext

I hope it will be helpfull to guys having same problem as

http://www.nabble.com/Problem-with-persistence.xml-%28how-to-use-
data-source-%29-td16380414s134.html

Really that was the point where i went to inserting persistence unit into
geronimo-web.xml