geronimo-user mailing list archives

From rbaumhof <ralf.baum...@web.de>
Subject Re: How to use JAAS with JSF , best practice
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 16:00:01 GMT

The workflow of the application should be the following:
login.jsp:
 user enters userid and password and presses the login button

then:
 someone (j_security_check) checks that this is a valid user. If user and
password are valid the groups of
 the users are loaded. If the user belongs only to one group (i.e.
administrator) then the
 welcome page with (administration) menue is displayed.
 If the user belongs to more then one group (i.e. local-administrator and
application-user)
 then:
   selectRole.jsp is displayed.
   Here a listbox should be displayed where he can select the role.

Now, when i describe the workflow, i see that this can not be done by
servlet authentication mechanism. I think we must  write our own filter to
watch the requested pages.
Thanks for your help!!