geronimo-user mailing list archives

From waynej <wa...@thejohnstons.com>
Subject bottom line - can application config files reside in plain old directory?
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2008 15:14:24 GMT

We have a J2EE app on Geronimo 2.0.2, and our config files work just fine in
a jar inside the ear.  But we want the config files to be in a completely
separate directory.  Browsing the forum, it's not clear if this is possible.

The thread "Changing application calsspath to include directory"
(http://www.nabble.com/Changing-application-calsspath-to-include-directory-tp4770139s134p4770139.html)
asked what I am asking.  It sounded like it would be possible to deploy some
magic XML which could point to an external directory.  But it sounds like
GBean had problems.

So is it possible?

I see a solution mentioned where the config files are made into a jar and
separately deployed.  But we don't like that.  Is this the most end-user
friendly standard?

Thanks.