geronimo-user mailing list archives

From ApolloX <sc...@selikoff.net>
Subject Re: NullPointerException by MDB in getCurrentContext()
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 23:24:58 GMT

djencks wrote:

> It would be a lot easier for us to investigate and possibly fix this
> in a more current geronimo version such as 2.1.

I would like to but as I've mentioned in previous posts, the 'untested'
support for CMP2 using JPA in 2.X versions of Geronimo leaves my application
running at speeds 100s of times slower than they currently run at.

djencks wrote:

> While this is almost certainly a bug -- you should only be able to
> access unchecked methods from a mdb without additional configuration
> -- I think there is a way to configure a default principal or default
> subject or default role that would supply the missing Subject.

I've checked, there is a message context, but I'm guessing its a context on
another layer thats broken.  Interestingly, I can make session bean calls
using a transaction from within the MDB, so right now I have the MDB taking
to local session bean that can access entity objects.  Not a great solution,
but it works.