geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Burt Prior <bpr...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.1 and Seam
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:34:13 GMT

Hi David,

That's great news about your work with OpenEJB 3.0 and G2.1.1.  I have a
request.  Hurry!  :-)

>  we use JPA to run your CMPs.  I'm not familiar with why Jacek had you add
> that, so I'm not sure what to advise.  We generate the cmp peristence unit
> for you as well, so I'm not too sure on any reason you'd need to
> explicitly create it.

Ok.  We are using EJB 3 JPA Entities, so I don't think we are running any
CMP's at all.  Also, I don't think this is a Seam issue at all.

When I take out that 'duplicate' 'cmp' PU, it generates an error, so for
some reason it's needed.  I guess its because we are using the latest JEE5
stack to develop our Seam app on G2.1.

Is this 'cmp' a legacy support feature?  I don't understand it's purpose
under JEE5.

Thanks again,
.Burt