geronimo-user mailing list archives

From dcherk <dch...@djinnsoft.com>
Subject Re: request.getContextPath() returns '/' in the default (root) context
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 15:49:43 GMT

Jay:

Jay D. McHugh-3 wrote:

> What version of Geronimo are you using?

I am actually using WebSphere Application Server Community Edition 2.0.0.1.
After not getting satisfaction from their newsgroups I did some research and
tracked to the problem to Geronimo -- thus my post here.

Jay D. McHugh-3 wrote:

> Will you be able to move up to the next released version?  Or is there
> some constraint that will force you to stay on the level that you are
> currently on?

We are constrained to remain on the current version.  But we will work with
our clients to deploy the application in a named context (rather than the
root context).  Hopefully that will be OK with them, so that an immediate
patch won't be necessary.  As it was my first experience with this product,
I needed to know if the problem was mine or not before I could try to work
around it.

Thanks for your help,
Dave Cherkassky