geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Tomasz Mazan <win...@wp.pl>
Subject Re: Relation between MDB's instances, instanceLimit and threads
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 08:15:05 GMT

djencks wrote:

> I fixed the thread safety problems.
>
> I've also made the openejb part of a fix for OPENEJB-702 in openejb
> trunk so message delivery to mdbs should be logged properly in the
> transaction log.  I haven't had a chance to look specifically at the
> howl integration code but wonder if you could try putting together
> these fixes and seeing what happens.
>
> Note that right now the activeMQ vm transport does not work with
> transaction logging so if you are using the vm transport you will
> need to switch it to tcp or something else.
>
> thanks
> david jencks

David, please help me to configure env with all patches you are writing
about.
Let's start with G 2.1 + activeMq fix for AMQ-1618. What changes / trunk
build of components do I need ?

ActiveMq transport
I have 2 listeners in Geronimo :
 * ActiveMQ.stomp.default  	ActiveMQ  	stomp  	61613  	running  	 stop  edit
delete
 * ActiveMQ.tcp.default 	ActiveMQ 	tcp 	61616 	running 	stop edit delete
and my RA does not define transport explicitily. Is tcp-transport the
default transport ?

	<resourceadapter>
		<resourceadapter-instance>
			<resourceadapter-name>CoreDriversRA</resourceadapter-name>
			<config-property-setting
name="UseInboundSession">true</config-property-setting>
			<nam:workmanager
xmlns:nam="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.2">
				<!-- <nam:gbean-link>CoreDriversWorkManager</nam:gbean-link> -->
				<nam:gbean-link>DefaultWorkManager</nam:gbean-link>
			</nam:workmanager>
		</resourceadapter-instance>
		 <outbound-resourceadapter>
			<connection-definition>

<connectionfactory-interface>javax.jms.ConnectionFactory</connectionfactory-interface>
				<connectiondefinition-instance>
					<name>DriversJmsXAConnectionFactory</name>
					<connectionmanager>
						<xa-transaction>
							<transaction-caching/>
						</xa-transaction>
						<single-pool>
 							<!-- <max-size>100</max-size>
							<min-size>0</min-size> -->
							<blocking-timeout-milliseconds>2000</blocking-timeout-milliseconds>
							<match-one/>
						</single-pool>
					</connectionmanager>
				</connectiondefinition-instance>