geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Burt Prior <bpr...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.1 and Seam
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 00:09:51 GMT

Hi David,

Got it!  Applied the patch and everything works great with no errors! Hello
Geronimo and Seam! (with not a single error!).  Our team is celebrating!

Since we hit this milestone, we would like to now turn our attention back to
our Geronimo/Seam app instead of the booking example. (they are very
similar)

Could I again ask you a question about the geronimo 'booking' deployment
descriptor?

What we want to do is create a simple Eclipse/Geronimo/Seam/EJB3 project.

What we would like to do is to use our experience from the 'booking' example
and 'fold in' the external deployment descriptor into our regular
Eclipse/Geronimo/Seam project(s).

Below is the complete and working 'booking' app deployment descriptor that
you previously helped us with, that we successfully 'deploy' from the
command line.

Question 1:

Is following snippet in <persistence> needed anymore?  What does 'cmp' do?
I think Jacek initially used this for some reason I don't understand.  Do I
have to include this in every Geronimo/Seam project?  Do I always have to
create 2 PU's like this replicating the <class>'s in a 'cmp' PU?

       <!-- change the way the default PU works - make it an alias to
bookingDatabase PU -->
        <persistence-unit name="cmp">
          <class>org.jboss.seam.example.booking.Booking</class>
          <class>org.jboss.seam.example.booking.Hotel</class>
          <class>org.jboss.seam.example.booking.User</class>
          <exclude-unlisted-classes>true</exclude-unlisted-classes>
        </persistence-unit>
      </persistence>

Question 2:

I added the concurrency lib to Geronimo's repository as in a prevously
mentioned thread.

Do I need the following anymore?  Do I have to include this in every
Geronimo/Seam project plan?

      <!--  bprior added new dependency below per david jencks -->

       <dependency>
        <groupId>concurrent</groupId>
        <artifactId>concurrent</artifactId>
        <type>jar</type>
      </dependency>

Thanks again for you and your team's help.  My working 'booking' plan is
below:
.Burt

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<application xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-2.0">

  <environment xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
    <moduleId>
      <groupId>org.jboss.seam.examples.jee5</groupId>
      <artifactId>jboss-seam-jee5</artifactId>
      <version>2.1.0.A1</version>
      <type>ear</type>
    </moduleId>
    <dependencies>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.hibernate</groupId>

<artifactId>geronimo-hibernate-transaction-manager-lookup</artifactId>
        <type>jar</type>
      </dependency>

   	<dependency>
       <groupId>console.dbpool</groupId>
       <artifactId>ElvisPool</artifactId>
       <version>1.0</version>
       <type>rar</type>
      </dependency>

       <!-- bprior added new dependency below per Jacek -->

       <!-- removed this dependency per David
       	<dependency>
         	<groupId>oracle</groupId>
         	<artifactId>jdbc</artifactId>
         	<version>10.2</version>
         	<type>jar</type>
       	</dependency>
       -->

       <!--  bprior added new dependency below per david jencks -->

       <dependency>
        <groupId>concurrent</groupId>
        <artifactId>concurrent</artifactId>
        <type>jar</type>
      </dependency>

    </dependencies>
  </environment>

  <module>
    <web>jboss-seam-jee5.war</web>
    <web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-2.0.1">
      <environment xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
        <moduleId>
          <groupId>org.jboss.seam.examples.jee5</groupId>
          <artifactId>jboss-seam-jee5</artifactId>
          <version>2.1.0.A1</version>
          <type>war</type>
        </moduleId>
      </environment>
      <context-root>/seam-jee5</context-root>
    </web-app>
  </module>

  <module>
    <ejb>jboss-seam-jee5.jar</ejb>
    <openejb-jar xmlns="http://www.openejb.org/xml/ns/openejb-jar-2.1">

      <environment xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
        <moduleId>
          <groupId>org.jboss.seam.examples.jee5</groupId>
          <artifactId>jboss-seam-jee5</artifactId>
          <version>2.1.0.A1</version>
          <type>jar</type>
        </moduleId>
      </environment>

      <!-- overrides what's in the module's persistence.xml -->

      <persistence xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence">
        <persistence-unit name="bookingDatabase">

          <!--
-->
          <provider>org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence</provider>

          <jta-data-source>ElvisPool</jta-data-source>
          <non-jta-data-source>ElvisPool</non-jta-data-source>
          <class>org.jboss.seam.example.booking.Booking</class>
          <class>org.jboss.seam.example.booking.Hotel</class>
          <class>org.jboss.seam.example.booking.User</class>
          <exclude-unlisted-classes>true</exclude-unlisted-classes>

          <properties>

            <!--  <property name="openjpa.Log" value="DefaultLevel=WARN,
Runtime=INFO, Tool=INFO, SQL=TRACE"/> -->

          	<property name="hibernate.dialect"
value="org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle9Dialect"/>
            <property name="hibernate.transaction.manager_lookup_class"

value="org.apache.geronimo.hibernate.transaction.GeronimoTransactionManagerLookup"
/>
            <property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="update"/>
         	<property name="hibernate.show_sql" value="true"/>

         	<property name="hibernate.transaction.flush_before_completion"
value="true"/>

         	<property name="hibernate.cache.provider_class"
              value="org.hibernate.cache.HashtableCacheProvider"/>

          </properties>

        </persistence-unit>
        <!-- change the way the default PU works - make it an alias to
bookingDatabase PU -->
        <persistence-unit name="cmp">
          <class>org.jboss.seam.example.booking.Booking</class>
          <class>org.jboss.seam.example.booking.Hotel</class>
          <class>org.jboss.seam.example.booking.User</class>
          <exclude-unlisted-classes>true</exclude-unlisted-classes>
        </persistence-unit>
      </persistence>

    </openejb-jar>
  </module>