geronimo-user mailing list archives

From the666pack <mario.kof...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.0.2 - OpenEJB "Passivation Failed"
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 11:38:44 GMT

David Blevins wrote:

> You could implement serializable on your Entity beans, but it's ill
> advised in almost any situation to have the data passivated with your
> bean as you wind up with a private, detached, copy of the data that
> may be outdated.  The rare case may be that you're collecting data
> that has yet to be persisted (never been attached) and therefore
> doesn't live in the EntityManager's cache or database yet, but even
> then you should really be using a transaction which would prevent your
> bean from getting passivated at all so the issue should never arise.
>
> -David

so this means i have to manually "turn off" the passivation of my SFSB via
bean managed transactions. but i suppose this means a performance loss :(.
is this problem another issue of the bug mentioned above and so the only
solution is turning off the passivation mechanism?

further, til now whenever i tried to make some kind of manual transaction in
my beans i always got the error that the container is taking care of the
transactions and bean managed control (transactions) is not allowed. maybe
you can tell me what i have to change to be able to add transactions to my
bean.

and even further, is there the possibility to turn off the passivation for
SFSB at all in geronimo? like some entry in a deployment descriptor
"passivation=false" ?

thanks a lot for helping,

mario.