geronimo-user mailing list archives

From ciAnd7 <cind...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Request.getContextPath() after RequestDispatcher.forward()
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 09:49:41 GMT

Hi, Jacek

Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 5:29 AM, ciAnd7 <cindrhc@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  I have a problem with  servlet container (tomcat) in geronimo. May be it
>> is
>>  not right mailing list for such question, so please point me right
>> place.
>
> Could you verify if that happens on Tomcat alone too? This way we
> could cross Geronimo out from the list of possible suspects ;-)

FYI, here is small thread at Tomcat list
http://www.nabble.com/Request.getContextPath%28%29-after-RequestDispatcher.forward%28%29-to15808317.html

I am not a Tomcat expert. As I see, the only correct Tomcat way to define
default (root) webapp is to name it ROOT... Or setting Context`s 'path'
attribute to empty string.
But it seems that Geronimo do it in differently (using '/' as Context`s path
attribute value?).

--
andrey