geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jim Foster <jfos...@tmtsaz.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo v2.1 Plan Creator => Deploy Liferay 4.1.1
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 16:33:32 GMT

djencks wrote:

> On Mar 1, 2008, at 10:02 AM, Jim Foster wrote:
>

>> djencks wrote:
>>>
>>> Your plan works for me.  I jar'ed up my sample and attached it to the
>>> wiki page.  Could you see if you can detect the relevant difference?
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> david jencks
>>>
>>>  <snip>
>>>

>> Hi David,
>>
>> I think I see the point of confusion.
>>
>> In your doc, you have this:
>>
>> [3] Repackage the liferay war
>>
>> mvn archetype:create \
>>   -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.maven.archetypes \
>>   -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-webapp \
>>   -DarchetypeVersion=1.0 \
>>   -DgroupId=com.liferay \
>>   -DartifactId=liferay-portal-lesslibs \
>>   -Dversion=4.4.1-NOLIB-SNAPSHOT
>> cd liferay-portal
>> rm -rf src
>>

>> Shouldn't that artifactId be "liferay-portal"?
>>

> I don't think so.  Previously we've installed the liferay portal war
> from liferay in the local maven repo as com.liferay/liferay-portal/
> 4.4.1/war so we don't want another project claiming to generate the
> same artifactId.  In fact I tried this at first but just having a
> different version between input and output doesn't work -- maven
> objects.

Hi David,

I just don't see how in your documentation you can have this:

  mvn archetype:create \
    -DartifactId=liferay-portal-lesslibs \

followed by this:

  cd liferay-portal

There isn't a directory liferay-portal, but there is
liferay-portal-lesslibs, so one or the other must be out of sync.

Also, in your liferay-sample.jar, you have the directory structure

liferay-parent/
                     pom.xml

                     geronimo-jetty-liferay/
                                                      pom.xml

                     liferay-derby/
                                        pom.xml
                                        src/
                                             main/
                                                     plan/
                                                            plan.xml

                                                     resources/

                     liferay-jetty/
                                        pom.xml
                                        src/
                                             main/
                                                     plan/
                                                            plan.xml

                                                     resources/

                     liferay-portal/
                                         pom.xml

Where did the directory liferay-portal-lesslibs go?

And where did directory liferay-portal come from?

Jim