geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.0.1 bundled with Intalio BPMS
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 05:40:19 GMT
I wonder if there is something non-standard about the security setup
in the Intalio server?  The code causing the problem is here...

     private static byte[] hash(Long id) {
         long n = id;
         byte[] bytes = new byte[8];
         for (int i = 7; i >= 0; i--) {
             bytes[i] = (byte) (n);
             n >>>= 8;
         }

         try {
             Mac mac = Mac.getInstance(algorithm);
             mac.init(key);
             mac.update(bytes);

             return mac.doFinal();
         } catch (NoSuchAlgorithmException e) {
             //shouldn't happen
         } catch (InvalidKeyException e) {
             //shouldn't happen
         }
         assert false : "Should never have reached here";
         return null;
     }

which is returning null.  By default algorithm="HmacSHA1".  Obviously
one of the mac methods is failing.

Hope this helps to point in a useful direction.

We ought to make the cause of failure more vocal here...

thanks
david jencks