geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Unable to resolve resource reference 'jdbc/MusicDB' (Found multiple matching resources. Try being more specific in a resource-ref mapping in your Geronimo deployment plan.
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:44:12 GMT
I think the problem is that you have a resource-ref in the ejb jar
using jdbc/MusicDB that doesn't match anything.

You have 2 choices AFAIK:
1. add an openejb-jar.xml openejb plan that contains the resource-ref/
resource-link element as in the geronimo-web.xml

2. rename either the datasource or the resource ref so that geronimo
recognizes the match without additional mapping information.  For
instance if the Mysql-geronimo-plan.xml had

       <connectiondefinition-instance>
         <name>jdbc/MusicDB</name>

then you could remove the resource-ref from geronimo-web.xml.

The ee5 spec requires that you specify resource-refs and similar
mapping info in each module, which really seems kind of silly.
Hopefully in ee6 a more sensible approach will appear.

hope this helps.
david jencks