On Feb 17, 2008, at 2:25 PM, the666pack wrote:

hello,

i try to performance test the geronimo applicatoin server but after 2
minutes of testing the JVM hangs up and i get the following message on the
command line:

my customized options for the jvm are:

-server -Xms1280m -Xmx1280m -XX:PermSize=1280m -XX:MaxPermSize=1280m

so this should be sufficient for the heap! unfortunately at 40 simultaneous
calls the JVM hangs and i just can kill it via the system call!

i also observed that the memory is not allocated, there is still plenty of
memory left (at least 3/4 of my 2048m) and it does not change the size also
not with more requests. but after 2 minutes->crash!

also my call is fairly simple: it is a single call to a JSP page which just
returns the date. so this really should be possible. but i cannot see the
reason for the Exception anymore!

so if anyone can help, PLEASE!

Mario,
What version of Geronimo are you using?

If you're using the Sun VM and have a small application, then rerun with the following options:

export JAVA_OPTS="-verbose:gc -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError"

You can then use tools like YourKit to analyze the resultant .hprof file. Recommend you must let max heap default (otherwise you end up with a really large heapdump). If you can make the heapdump available to me, I'll have a look... Or give me instructions on how to recreate, and I'll see if I'm able to generate the same problem.

--kevan