Thank you for a quick response.
I am a new learner of Geronimo.
Actually my client code is,
Hashtable<String,String> env = new Hashtable<String,String>();         env.put("java.naming.factory.initial","org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory");
env.put("java.naming.provider.url","iiop://localhost:1050");
InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(env);

Object obj = ctx.lookup(jndiName);

The problem is no matter how I write the jndiName, a NamingException will be thrown complaining it can not find the name. And the similiar code works fine in Glassfish, JBoss, WebSphere 6.1 + EJB3, and .
My question is whether geronimo supports  the standard way ctx.lookup("foo.MyBean") as well, or what's the proper jndi string?

My result of jndi names,
Glassfish:  "foo.MyRemote"
JBoss:      "foo.MyBean/remote"
Webshpere: "foo.MyRemote" with IBM jvm.
  "nodes/<hostname>/node/servers/server1/foo\.MyRemote" with Sun jvm.
Geronimo:   ?

Or is where any setting to enable the remote EJB client
from the default.

Thanks
Lance

Viet Nguyen <vhnguy2@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm assuming that you want to remotely look up the session bean.

If it is so you can use this piece of code:

Properties props = new Properties();
props.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
"org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory");
props.setProperty(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "ejbd://" +
Context ic = new InitialContext(props);
myBean = (MyBeanRemote) ic.lookup();

where can be found in your geronimo-log and is
whatever your server's IP is.

Hope this helps,
Viet Nguyen