the666pack wrote:
i have to reply to my own message..

somehow i realized that in the geronimo-console for the JVM is still
written:

Total Memory Allocated  	63,56 MB

and as soon as the size is reached the JVM hangs.

so it seems that my environment settings (JAVA_OPTS or GERONIMO_OPTS) are
not recognized? how can i set the jvm size according to my given values
without these env variables?

You can put a executable file called setenv.sh/bat (depending on system) in geronimo/bin and put your variables in that file. G:s startup script will execute the file during startup of the server.
My setenv.sh looks like this
#!/bin/sh

JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun
JAVA_OPTS="-Djava.awt.headless=true -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Xms128M -Xmx512M -server -Dorg.apache.activeio.journal.active.DisableLocking=true"

Hope this helps
regards
   peter p

thanks for every help,

greetings,

mario

the666pack wrote:

hello,

i try to performance test the geronimo applicatoin server but after 2
minutes of testing the JVM hangs up and i get the following message on the
command line:

my customized options for the jvm are:

-server -Xms1280m -Xmx1280m -XX:PermSize=1280m -XX:MaxPermSize=1280m

so this should be sufficient for the heap! unfortunately at 40
simultaneous calls the JVM hangs and i just can kill it via the system
call!

i also observed that the memory is not allocated, there is still plenty of
memory left (at least 3/4 of my 2048m) and it does not change the size
also not with more requests. but after 2 minutes->crash!

also my call is fairly simple: it is a single call to a JSP page which
just returns the date. so this really should be possible. but i cannot see
the reason for the Exception anymore!

so if anyone can help, PLEASE!

thanks,

mario.