geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Geronimo Server 2.1 and Geronimo TxManager 2.1.1 Releases
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 20:17:47 GMT
That didn't actually have new features in it, it was intended to help
locate the problem you were having.... which turned out to be in the
geronimo-connector jar, not the postgres wrapper.

We could still try to improve the postrgres wrapper :-)  I think the
xa wrapper should be fine.  Improving the local-tx wrapper would
require finding out what postres exceptions mean that the connection
is unusable and needs to be discarded.  I didn't see any
documentation on this in a brief scan.

Alternatively if postrgres provides a ConnectionPoolDataSource that
ought to give notifications of fatal errors.

thanks
david jencks