geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Burt Prior (bprior)" <bpr...@cisco.com>
Subject Geronimo 2.1 and Seam
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 17:49:06 GMT
Hi Geronimo Team,

I hope I'm directing this question correctly.

First, thank you all for your excellent work on Geronimo 2.1.  Our team
has standardized on Geronimo at our large enterprise, and we think its
the best app server in the industry.

We are in current development of an JSF/EJB3/OpenJPA application, and we
would very much like to use Seam (2).

For the past few days we have been trying (without much luck) to
configure Geronimo to work with Seam and Hibernate; we would prefer
OpenJPA as the persistence provider, but it appears impossible to use
with Seam.

I've tried to work thru:
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxSAMPLES/running-jboss-seam-200ga-on-geronimo
-21.html but the maven project to download the Hibernate Transaction
Manager appears not to work, and we are finding the instructions a bit
hard to follow. (we don't use Maven, we are Subversion users)
$ mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=org.apache.geronimo.hibernate
-DartifactId=geronimo-hibernate-transaction-manager-lookup

Question 1:

Is there a Geronimo 2.1 build that already includes everything needed to
run Seam 2 or Hibernate that I can download, so we do not have to
manually patch it?

Question 2:

Is there any advice/guidance you can give my team regarding setting up
Geronimo 2.1 to use Seam 2?  We would very much like integrate Seam into
Geronimo for our long term application development.

Thanks for your time and great work,

Burt Prior
IT Engineer
bprior@cisco.com