geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EAR Independence
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:38:54 GMT

On Feb 22, 2008, at 7:19 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 7:36 AM, bdaye <java.linebacker@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> How can I make my deployed EAR independent of whatever is in the
>> Geronimo
>> Repo?  Currently, I find myself specifying a lot of system
>> dependencies in
>> my openejb-jar.xml file (deployment-1.2:dependency).  So basically,
>> I want
>> to make  every JAR that is distributed with my EAR priority.
>
> Put these jars in lib directory of your EAR or define such a lib
> directory in the deployment descriptor and move the jars there. Have
> you tried it already?

I think you may need to be more specific about your dependencies and
what problems you're running into...

Placing jars in your ear's lib directory will make their classes
available to the ear classloader, but system classloaders will still
have priority over your ear classloader.

You'll still need to invert classloading or hide classes for this to
work. Parent classloaders will still have priority... Something like

     <hidden-classes>
       <filter>javax.xml.ws.</filter>
     </hidden-classes>

or

    <inverse-classloading>

Sounds like you've tried using inverse-classloading. What problems
have you encountered?

--kevan