geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.1 and Seam
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 15:59:08 GMT

On Feb 28, 2008, at 10:01 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> On Feb 28, 2008, at 4:42 PM, Burt Prior wrote:
>

>> Hi Jacek,
>>
>> I just noticed something in my last posting to David. In my error
>> log I
>> posted:

>> 14:00:28,084 INFO  [Ejb3Configuration] Processing
>> PersistenceUnitInfo [
>>         name: bookingDatabase
>>         ...]
>> 14:00:28,084 ERROR [Ejb3Configuration] Container is providing a null
>> PersistenceUnitRootUrl: discovery impossible
>>
>> I noticed that in your "Running JBoss Seam 2 on Geronimo 2.1"
>> article, when
>> you show the log, it has the same error as well.
>>
>> The difference appears to be, your example continues to load the
>> booking
>> application, and mine throws an exception on the next line:
>>
>> 14:00:28,115 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting;
>> GBean is now
>> in the FAILED state:
>> abstractName="org.jboss.seam.examples.jee5/jboss-seam-
>> jee5/2.1.0.A1/ear?EJBModule=jboss-seam-
>> jee5.jar,J2EEApplication=org.jboss.seam.examples.jee5/jboss-seam-
>> jee5/2.1.0.A1/ear,PersistenceUnitModule=jboss-seam-
>> jee5.jar,j2eeType=PersistenceUnit,name=bookingDatabase"
>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>         at
>> org.jboss.util.file.ArchiveBrowser.getBrowser(ArchiveBrowser.java:62)
>>         at
>> org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.scanForXmlFiles
>> (Ejb3Configuration.java:606)
>>         at
>> org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.configure
>> (Ejb3Configuration.java:351)
>>         at
>> org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createContainerEntityManagerFa
>> ctory(HibernatePersistence.java:126)
>>         at
>> org.apache.geronimo.persistence.PersistenceUnitGBean.<init>
>> (PersistenceUnitGBean.java:119)

>> I thought it was interesting that although we recieved the same
>> error, your
>> example continued to deploy and run, and mine stopped the deploy
>> with those
>> exceptions.
>
> I browsed the hibernate code a bit and think that maybe you are
> using different versions of hibernate?  In
>
> http://fisheye.jboss.com/browse/Hibernate/entitymanager/trunk/src/
> java/org/hibernate/ejb/Ejb3Configuration.java?r=11344
>
> the error message is right before some code that uses the
> PersistenceUnitRootUrl whereas in a later version of the code the
> message is immediately followed by "return".
>
> I looked in the geronimo code a bit more and haven't figured out
> how this can be null.....

Further investigation after some sleep revealed a bug right next to
the previous one.  I've fixed it and pushed a new snapshot of
geronimo-persistence-jpa10-2.2-20080229.155614-3.jar.  If you get
this one in your g. repo just like you did with the previous jar you
should be able to get farther.

thanks
david jencks