geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: (Please Reply) Facing problem while running servicemix sample on Geronimo
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2008 20:56:08 GMT

On Feb 15, 2008, at 3:10 PM, Jay D. McHugh wrote:

> Puneet,
>
> Could you try testing this on vanilla Tomcat 6.0.14?
>
> When I try deploying on Geronimo, I get several errors concerning
> the validation of TLD files.
>
> I also get a couple of exceptions that some postings on the
> ServiceMix mail list say should not be an issue.
>
> But, on Tomcat, I only get the exceptions (the ones that supposedly
> are not an issue) - not the validation errors.
>
> Please let me know what you find.  If it turns out that Tomcat works
> fine, then we can start looking deeper into what Geronimo is doing
> that Tomcat isn't.

Are the TLD errors similar to the following?

D:\geronimo-tomcat6-jee5-2.0.2\repository\default\apache-servicemix-
web-3.2.1\1201788419568\apache-servicemix-web-3.2.1-1201788419568.war
\WEB-INF\sitemesh-decorator.tld:60:2: error: cvc-datatype-valid.1.1:
string value 'SiteMesh Decorator Tags' does not match pattern for tld-
canonical-nameType in namespace http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee

This type of error is caused by an incorrect specification of short-
name elements in the TLD. E.g:

    <short-name>SiteMesh Decorator Tags</short-name>

The taglib schema specifies that <short-name> cannot contain space
characters. However, many projects seem to generate TLD's that are not
compliant with the specification. Removing the 'space' characters
should fix the problem.

Geronimo is strict with regard to plan validation. Given the relative
frequency of TLD validation problems we see, we might wish we were a
bit more lenient...

--kevan