geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pre-Compiling
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 19:07:45 GMT

On Feb 26, 2008, at 1:07 PM, Mark Aufdencamp wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> It's been a while since I posted to the list.  I've been working with
> Geronimo 1.1 on an application for the last year.  It's finally grown
> large enough that I'd like to pre-compile my JSP's and Struts Action
> Servlets prior to deploying them. How does one accomplish this?  I
> googled and didn't find anything real definitive.  I'd prefer
> utilizing
> Ant over Maven, as it already exists in my development environment.

We (Geronimo) use the maven Jspc plugin -- http://mojo.codehaus.org/jspc-maven-plugin/
  -- in our build (check our pom.xml for more details).

For ant-based compilation, suggest you use Tomcat 6 precompilation
support. Look for 'Web App Compilation' in http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/jasper-howto.html

Looks like Jason answered your other question.

--kevan