geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: facing problem in deploying war file on Geronimo
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 22:06:58 GMT

On Feb 1, 2008, at 2:18 PM, puneetjain wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am facing a problem while deploying sample mule-examples.war in
> Geronimo.
>
> Environment:
> =========
>
> Mule 1.4.3
> Geronimo-tomcat6-jee5-2.0.2
> JDK 1.5
> WindowsXP
>
> Step Perform:
> =========
>
> 1. I have built the example war file.
> 2. I have deployed Mule JCA on Geronimo.
> 3. I m trying to deploy the mule-examples.war file on geronimo is
> thorw
> bellow exception:
>

> 23:29:30,672 ERROR [[/PerfTester2]]
> org.mule.util.StringUtils.defaultIfEmpty(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/
> lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.mule.util.StringUtils.defaultIfEmpty(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/
> lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;

Hi Puneet,
You're running into a conflict between different versions of commons-
lang jars. Create a deployment plan with the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1"
xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1"
xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1">
   <dep:environment>
     <dep:moduleId>
       <dep:groupId>org.mule</dep:groupId>
       <dep:artifactId>mule-examples</dep:artifactId>
       <dep:version>1.4.3</dep:version>
       <dep:type>car</dep:type>
     </dep:moduleId>
     <!--
          Don't load commons-lang classes from our parent
       -->
     <hidden-classes>
       <filter>org.apache.commons.lang</filter>
     </hidden-classes>
   </dep:environment>
</web-app>

Then run:

./deploy.sh deploy mule-examples.war <deployment-plan-file-name>

--kevan