geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Shiva Kumar H R" <shiv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo v2.1 Plan Creator => Deploy Liferay 4.1.1
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 11:39:32 GMT
There are two problems, both in Plan Creator feature:
1) Error message/Java Exceptions are suppressed by Plan Creator code and not
shown to the user at all :-(

With liferay-portal-4.4.1.war, when I ran Geronimo in debug mode and remote
connected via Eclipse (with a break point put at the beginning of
org.apache.geronimo.console.configcreator.JSR88_Util.parseWarReferences()
function inside "plancreator-portlets" module), I found that we are getting
following exception:

org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: AbstractWebModuleBuilder:
Could not load servlet class: com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet

Instead of showing this error on Console, plan creator is currently
suppressing it in an empty catch() block.
*GERONIMO-3850<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3850>
*is opened for this.

2) Secondly, I see that the class it is complaining "
com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet" *does* exist, but inside a
compressed jar ("portal-impl.jar") in WEB-INF/lib directory of WAR. Plan
Creator has a current limitation :-( in resolving such classes. *
GERONIMO-3851 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3851> *is
opened for this.

Due to these bugs/limitations, I am sorry to say that you will again have to
create geronimo-web.xml by hand. I found one "geronimo-web.xml" inside
liferay-portal-4.4.1.war itself. I have removed non-existing dependencies
from it and attached it in this mail. Please see if it works. (I guess it
requires some pre-requisite db-pools to be deployed before the WAR can be
deployed). Hope it helps.

--
Thanks,
Shiva