geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.1 and Seam
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 06:01:03 GMT

On Feb 28, 2008, at 4:42 PM, Burt Prior wrote:

> Hi Jacek,
>
> I just noticed something in my last posting to David. In my error
> log I
> posted:

> 14:00:28,084 INFO  [Ejb3Configuration] Processing
> PersistenceUnitInfo [
>         name: bookingDatabase
>         ...]
> 14:00:28,084 ERROR [Ejb3Configuration] Container is providing a null
> PersistenceUnitRootUrl: discovery impossible
>
> I noticed that in your "Running JBoss Seam 2 on Geronimo 2.1"
> article, when
> you show the log, it has the same error as well.
>
> The difference appears to be, your example continues to load the
> booking
> application, and mine throws an exception on the next line:
>
> 14:00:28,115 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean
> is now
> in the FAILED state:
> abstractName="org.jboss.seam.examples.jee5/jboss-seam-jee5/2.1.0.A1/
> ear?EJBModule=jboss-seam-
> jee5.jar,J2EEApplication=org.jboss.seam.examples.jee5/jboss-seam-
> jee5/2.1.0.A1/ear,PersistenceUnitModule=jboss-seam-
> jee5.jar,j2eeType=PersistenceUnit,name=bookingDatabase"
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.jboss.util.file.ArchiveBrowser.getBrowser(ArchiveBrowser.java:62)
>         at
> org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.scanForXmlFiles
> (Ejb3Configuration.java:606)
>         at
> org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.configure
> (Ejb3Configuration.java:351)
>         at
> org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createContainerEntityManagerFac
> tory(HibernatePersistence.java:126)
>         at
> org.apache.geronimo.persistence.PersistenceUnitGBean.<init>
> (PersistenceUnitGBean.java:119)

> I thought it was interesting that although we recieved the same
> error, your
> example continued to deploy and run, and mine stopped the deploy
> with those
> exceptions.

I browsed the hibernate code a bit and think that maybe you are using
different versions of hibernate?  In

http://fisheye.jboss.com/browse/Hibernate/entitymanager/trunk/src/
java/org/hibernate/ejb/Ejb3Configuration.java?r=11344

the error message is right before some code that uses the
PersistenceUnitRootUrl whereas in a later version of the code the
message is immediately followed by "return".

I looked in the geronimo code a bit more and haven't figured out how
this can be null.....

Where in the ear is the persistence unit?

thanks
david jencks