geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Peter Petersson <pe...@pmb.mine.nu>
Subject Re: Geronimo v2.1 Plan Creator => Deploy Liferay 4.1.1
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:16:15 GMT
Hi Jim

I assume you are trying to install liferay in geronimo and not just
generate a new plan, with you do not need to, as Shiva have provided you
with one (the geronimo-web.xml).

Aside from the security dependency issue you have that I hope **someone
else** that are more familiar with the security (dependency) changes
done between G v2.0.2 and v2.1 will help you with, there are a couple of
more things to do:

As the liferay-portal-geronimo-tomcat car is dependent (if you haven't
changed the geronimo-web.xml regarding the db pool) on the
liferay-portal-geronimo-derby-pool car, so to successfully install the
liferay-portal-geronimo-tomcat car you have to install the derby pool
**before** the liferay-portal-geronimo-tomcat car.

After a smal tweak of the META-INF/geronimo-plugin.xml included in the
derby-pool car file you should be able to install the db pool by issuing

deploy --user <user> --password <passoword> install-plugin <derby pool car
file>

The geronimo-plugin.xml tweak consist of changing the version tag in the
geronimo-plugin.xml to <version>2.1-SNAPSHOT</version> (omit -snapshot
for released geronimo). The same command (as above) can then be used on
the liferay-portal-geronimo-tomcat car (when the security dependency
issue is fixed)

Maybe this link will be of some help to you even though it is a bit
outdated http://wiki.liferay.com/index.php/Liferay_with_Geronimo

 regards
  peter petersson