geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jay D. McHugh" <jaydmch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.1 and Seam
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 02:18:38 GMT
Hello Burt,

Answers inline

Burt Prior (bprior) wrote:
> Hi Geronimo Team,
>
> I hope I'm directing this question correctly.
>
> First, thank you all for your excellent work on Geronimo 2.1.  Our team
> has standardized on Geronimo at our large enterprise, and we think its
> the best app server in the industry.

Thanks!

> We are in current development of an JSF/EJB3/OpenJPA application, and we
> would very much like to use Seam (2).
>
> For the past few days we have been trying (without much luck) to
> configure Geronimo to work with Seam and Hibernate; we would prefer
> OpenJPA as the persistence provider, but it appears impossible to use
> with Seam.
>
> I've tried to work thru:
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxSAMPLES/running-jboss-seam-200ga-on-geronimo
> -21.html but the maven project to download the Hibernate Transaction
> Manager appears not to work, and we are finding the instructions a bit
> hard to follow. (we don't use Maven, we are Subversion users)
> $ mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=org.apache.geronimo.hibernate
> -DartifactId=geronimo-hibernate-transaction-manager-lookup

I have updated the directions to correspond to the released Geronimo 2.1
version.  But, I have not made it through testing all of the directions
after creating the transaction manager jar.

For your convenience, here is a link to the jar that I built:
http://people.apache.org/~jaydm/hibernate/geronimo-hibernate-transaction-manager-lookup-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

> Question 1:
>
> Is there a Geronimo 2.1 build that already includes everything needed to
> run Seam 2 or Hibernate that I can download, so we do not have to
> manually patch it?

Not that I am aware of.

> Question 2:
>
> Is there any advice/guidance you can give my team regarding setting up
> Geronimo 2.1 to use Seam 2?  We would very much like integrate Seam into
> Geronimo for our long term application development.

I think that after the tutorial has been re-tested for the released
Geronimo 2.1 version - that tutorial should be all you need to set up
Geronimo for Seam.