geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Peter Petersson <pe...@pmb.mine.nu>
Subject Re: JVM OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 07:39:12 GMT
the666pack wrote:
> i have to reply to my own message..
>
> somehow i realized that in the geronimo-console for the JVM is still
> written:
>
> Total Memory Allocated  	63,56 MB
>
> and as soon as the size is reached the JVM hangs.
>
> so it seems that my environment settings (JAVA_OPTS or GERONIMO_OPTS) are
> not recognized? how can i set the jvm size according to my given values
> without these env variables?

You can put a executable file called setenv.sh/bat (depending on system)
in geronimo/bin and put your variables in that file. G:s startup script
will execute the file during startup of the server.
My setenv.sh looks like this
#!/bin/sh

JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun
JAVA_OPTS="-Djava.awt.headless=true -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Xms128M
-Xmx512M -server -Dorg.apache.activeio.journal.active.DisableLocking=true"

Hope this helps
regards
   peter p