geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mark Aufdencamp <m...@aufdencamp.com>
Subject RE: Geronimo 1.1 to 2.1/ J2EE to JEE(5)
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:30:39 GMT
I developed on a Windows XP workstation in Eclipse 3.2 with Geronimo
1.1.1. I deployed a clean Eclipse Europa 3.3 and Geronimo-Tomcat6-
2.0.1 environment on an Ubuntu workstation. I then checked out my EAR
Project, EJB Project, and WEB Projects from my subversion repository.
The initial attempt to deploy tossed a deployment exception with some
versioning messages.

I'll try it again with 2.1 before the beginning of next week and follow
up to the list. I'll report the results straight out of subversion and
with my proposed deployment descriptor modifications.

I'm fairly confident that the Tomcat component will be backward
compatible. (Large user base) My greatest potential concern is with
changes to the EJB project.

Can anyone say for certain that they've deployed and tested an EJB 2.1
project on Geronimo 2.0/2.1 ?

What kind of regression tests exists for backward compatibility in the
code base? I guess I should check out the source and start looking at
the code instead of being a binary user:) (BIG Thank You to those that
compile the binaries for the rest of us users!)

Does the JEE TCK include the J2EE TCK as a subset to test backward
compatibility?

Just curious and not pressed to get on Geronimo 2.1. I would like to
start playing with an EJB 3.0 model branch moving forward with my
applications back end code.

Has anyone developed/deployed an EAR with a EJB 2.1 Project and a EJB
3.0 Project component?

Thanks to all for the 411