geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Debugging with NetBeans?
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 23:26:14 GMT
On Feb 11, 2008 2:26 PM, rudi@je-more.de <rudi@je-more.de> wrote:

> Can you give pls some Keywords about this Topic? Does it means the
> Remote Debuggerof the JDK
> can establish a Debugg "Remote" Pipeline to Geronimo (iam guessing there
> is a Remote Debugger, but iam not sure :-) )

That's exactly what I meant. You can run Geronimo or any other Java
app (not necessarily application server) with JPDA and trace it.

> Is the Maven PlugIn Productionready?

Yes (unless my view of "Production ready" is different than yours ;-))

> It allways takes some Time for Packaging and deploying against Geronimo.

Is it not the case for other app servers too? Just asking before I
made any judgments.

> Maybe the Netbeans Plugin can use in Future Shared Memory Access for
> making things
> faster. I have noticed thadts IntelliJ IDEA's  Workbench and the
> Debugger can communicate with
> Shared Memory anstead of TCP Sockets and this definately makes
> Debuggingstuff faster!

That's JPDA feature where you can specify port or shared memory.
Nothing to do with app servers really.

> I really dont know, iam not familar with programming Netbeans PlugIns as
> well, but if you think i
> can do some Stuff then let me know.

I let you know. I'm not familiar with NetBeans plugins development too
and that's the main reason to be so slowly progressing with it. I'm a
fan of javaee5 development, but doing the stuff to run my apps takes
too much time for me. I'd be happy if you could take a look at what
we've got so far in the geronimo netbeans plugin's repo
(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/geronimo-netbeans-plugin),
build it and see what's in and the last but not least comment on it.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl