geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Debugging with NetBeans?
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 21:43:26 GMT
On Feb 11, 2008 9:33 AM, rudi@je-more.de <rudi@je-more.de> wrote:

> My simple Question is:

You bet! All of the simple questions I have recently run into became
tough ones eventually ;-)

> How can i debug Enterprise Java Beans with Netbeans 6.x?

The only option I can think of would be to run Geronimo with JPDA
enabled (-agentlib:jdwp) and use Netbeans's debugger. It should work
fine.

> How can i do faster Roundtrip (Distribute&Run) Cycles with Netbeans 6.x?

You mean while developing enterprise apps? If so, you may want to use
maven plugin for Geronimo and Netbeans together and deploy/undeploy
from within Netbeans. It should work too (would be a good addition to
Geronimo's doc set).

> Is the Netbeans PlugIn right now production Ready?

Unfortunatelly not. Noone's working on it as much as it deserves (I'm
the only one who worked on it and am trying to get to it again, but
don't know how it will eventially work out). Wanna help?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl