geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo v2.1 Plan Creator => Deploy Liferay 4.1.1
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 01:47:49 GMT

On Feb 28, 2008, at 2:28 PM, Jim Foster wrote:

> Hi David,
>

> djencks wrote:
>>
>> Well.... I wrote it monday and wednesday so you would have needed
>> a  time
>> machine :-)
>>

> Oh...
>
> ...my time machine is still in the shop...
>

> djencks wrote:
>>
>> I forgot to deploy the snapshots.
>>
>> I've changed the archetype name from geronimo-module-archetype to
>> geronimo-plugin-archetype and deployed a snapshot.  I also updated
>> the wiki page to the new archetype name.  I think the (modified)
>> instructions should now work, but you are definitely the guinea
>> pig :-).  The archetypes should download automatically but I haven't
>> tested this.
>>

> I don't mind playing the role of guinea pig at all if it helps in
> establishing a solid procedure for building plugin support of third-
> party
> apps...this sort of flexibility on top of Java EE 5 certification is
> precisely why I chose Geronimo.
>

> Looks like we need to do another availability check.

<snip>

this is why you need to try it out :-)

I think this will stop being a problem once the archetypes are
actually released

Meanwhile I think we need to add something in the base project
plan.... not quite sure what.  This is a first guess

     <repositories>
         <!--
         NOTE: The default repositories are picked up by Genesis, but
need to
               specify where Genesis lives to pick it up  any
additional repositories.
         -->

         <repository>
             <id>apache-snapshots</id>
             <name>Apache Snapshots Repository</name>
             <url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-
repository</url>
             <layout>default</layout>
             <snapshots>
                 <enabled>true</enabled>
                 <updatePolicy>daily</updatePolicy>
                 <checksumPolicy>ignore</checksumPolicy>
             </snapshots>
             <releases>
                 <enabled>false</enabled>
             </releases>
         </repository>

     </repositories>

if this doesn't work.... I think it wont... I think there is a plugin-
repositories element to try instead (same repository element inside???)

I have to run but will try to look into this more later

thanks
david jencks