geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Burt Prior <bpr...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.1 and Seam
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 00:42:18 GMT

Hi Jacek,

I just noticed something in my last posting to David. In my error log I
posted:

14:00:28,084 INFO  [Ejb3Configuration] Processing PersistenceUnitInfo [
        name: bookingDatabase
        ...]
14:00:28,084 ERROR [Ejb3Configuration] Container is providing a null
PersistenceUnitRootUrl: discovery impossible

I noticed that in your "Running JBoss Seam 2 on Geronimo 2.1" article, when
you show the log, it has the same error as well.

The difference appears to be, your example continues to load the booking
application, and mine throws an exception on the next line:

14:00:28,115 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is now
in the FAILED state:
abstractName="org.jboss.seam.examples.jee5/jboss-seam-jee5/2.1.0.A1/ear?EJBModule=jboss-seam-jee5.jar,J2EEApplication=org.jboss.seam.examples.jee5/jboss-seam-jee5/2.1.0.A1/ear,PersistenceUnitModule=jboss-seam-jee5.jar,j2eeType=PersistenceUnit,name=bookingDatabase"
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.jboss.util.file.ArchiveBrowser.getBrowser(ArchiveBrowser.java:62)
        at
org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.scanForXmlFiles(Ejb3Configuration.java:606)
        at
org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.configure(Ejb3Configuration.java:351)
        at
org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(HibernatePersistence.java:126)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.persistence.PersistenceUnitGBean.<init>(PersistenceUnitGBean.java:119)

I thought it was interesting that although we recieved the same error, your
example continued to deploy and run, and mine stopped the deploy with those
exceptions.

Thanks,
.Burt