geronimo-user mailing list archives

From montyk <montgomery.k...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem with deploying a mdb (within ear)
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 22:28:47 GMT

Thanks, I'll try the sample. I came across it earlier also but I thought
OpenEJB is an alternative/optional method of deployment. And I thought that
I'll try to stick to JEE standards, should there be a need to exchange app
srv.

In the "5-min enterprise application development" tutorial at
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxSAMPLES/5-minute-tutorial-on-enterprise-application-development-with-eclipse-and-geronimo.html

there's a small section that states: "Remove
ejbModule/META-INF/openejb-jar.xml file in the SampleEJB project as it
causes deployment issues."

Can someone point me towards an explanation why it was possible to deploy
the EJB in tutorial successfully but - not when attempting to create a MDB?