geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Burt Prior <bpr...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.1 and Seam
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:38:32 GMT

Hi David,

I'm using the latest production Hibernate code from:
Hibernate Core 3.2
Hibernate Annotations 3.3.0.GA
Hibernate EntityManager 3.3.1.GA
Hibernate Tools 3.2.0.GA
Hibernate Validator 3.0.0.GA

Here was the patch i did to
C:\hibernate-entitymanager-3.3.1.GA\src\org\hibernate\ejb\Ejb3Configuration.java:

344:   boolean[] detectArtifactForOtherJars = getDetectedArtifacts(
info.getProperties(), null, false );
345:   boolean[] detectArtifactForMainJar = getDetectedArtifacts(
info.getProperties(), null, info.excludeUnlistedClasses() );
346:
347:  // 022508: bprior@cisco.com: added patch to avoid NPE when running
Geronimo.
348:
349:  if (info.getJarFileUrls() != null) {
350:
351:   for ( URL jar : info.getJarFileUrls() ) {
352:	   if ( detectArtifactForOtherJars[0] ) scanForClasses( jar, packages,
entities );
353:	   scanForXmlFiles( jar, hbmFiles, XML_SEARCH.getType(
detectArtifactForOtherJars[1], searchForORMFiles ) );
354:   }
355:
356:}
357:
358:			if ( detectArtifactForMainJar[0] ) scanForClasses(
info.getPersistenceUnitRootUrl(), packages, entities );
359:			scanForXmlFiles( info.getPersistenceUnitRootUrl(), hbmFiles,
XML_SEARCH.getType( detectArtifactForMainJar[1], searchForORMFiles ) );

This code section is a bit different than Jacek's example in this version of
Hibernate.

Or perhaps I didn't apply the patch correctly.  I did see the updated
hibernate-entitymanager.jar in:
C:\jboss-seam-2.1.0.A1\lib\hibernate-entitymanager.jar that I assume the
booking example is using instead of:
C:\hibernate-entitymanager-3.3.1.GA\hibernate-entitymanager.jar

Thanks,
.Burt