geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jim Foster <jfos...@tmtsaz.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo v2.1 Plan Creator => Deploy Liferay 4.1.1
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:04:29 GMT

Hi David,

djencks wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> I think I have failed to communicate what I'm trying to tell you what to
> do :-)

That would explain why I had the feeling that I wasn't connecting all the
dots...and which is why I took the time to explain all the details on my
end.

djencks wrote:

> I've tried to explain in more detail here:
>

> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC21/Constructing+a+special-purpose+server+using+maven

Now this is making sense.

I wish I had this information a week ago.

djencks wrote:

> Two things I'm not trying to do:
> 1. show you how to deploy liferay on geronimo
> 2. give you a maven project that builds a liferay plugin and assembly
>
> What I am trying to explain is how you can set up a maven project to build
> liferay plugins and assemblies, with the help of the geronimo archetypes
> for these kind of projects.
>
> It looks to me from what you are describing below that you are trying to
> deploy liferay on geronimo.
>
> Although this might seem easier at first it's not automated and is a hard
> way to get a plugin let alone a server.
>
> Automating it using maven records what you do in executable form and
> should provide a simple way to track progress towards a working plugin and
> something to update for new versions of liferay and geronimo.

Ok, I now understand where you are driving this.

This sounds like a far superior approach.

I have followed your instructions at your wiki page "Constructing a
special-purpose server using maven", and all goes well until the step: Build
a database plugin.

It appears that the archetype is not found.

Full output to the console:
D:\Geronimo\plugins\liferay-parent>mvn archetype:create
-DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.geronimo.buildsupport \

-DarchetypeArtifactId=geronimo-module-archetype \

-DarchetypeVersion=2.2-SNAPSHOT \

-DgroupId=org.apache.geronimo.plugins \

-DartifactId=liferay-derby \

-Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO]
[INFO] Building liferay-parent
[INFO]    task-segment: [archetype:create] (aggregator-style)
[INFO]
[INFO] Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class =>
'org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader'.
[INFO] Setting property: velocimacro.messages.on => 'false'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.manager.logwhenfound => 'false'.
[INFO] **************************************************************
[INFO] Starting Jakarta Velocity v1.4
[INFO] RuntimeInstance initializing.
[INFO] Default Properties File:
org\apache\velocity\runtime\defaults\velocity.properties
[INFO] Default ResourceManager initializing. (class
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl)
[INFO] Resource Loader Instantiated:
org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader
[INFO] ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization starting.
[INFO] ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization complete.
[INFO] ResourceCache : initialized. (class
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceCacheImpl)
[INFO] Default ResourceManager initialization complete.
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Literal
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Macro
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Parse
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Include
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Foreach
[INFO] Created: 20 parsers.
[INFO] Velocimacro : initialization starting.
[INFO] Velocimacro : adding VMs from VM library template :
VM_global_library.vm
[ERROR] ResourceManager : unable to find resource 'VM_global_library.vm' in
any resource loader.
[INFO] Velocimacro : error using  VM library template VM_global_library.vm :
org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find
resource 'VM_global_library.vm'
[INFO] Velocimacro :  VM library template macro registration complete.
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInline = true : VMs can be defined inline in
templates
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineToOverride = false : VMs defined inline may
NOT replace previous VM definitions
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineLocal = false : VMs defined inline will be
global in scope if allowed.
[INFO] Velocimacro : initialization complete.
[INFO] Velocity successfully started.
[INFO] [archetype:create]
[INFO] Defaulting package to group ID: org.apache.geronimo.plugins
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.apache.geronimo.buildsupport
ArtifactId: geronimo-module-archetype
Version: 2.2-SNAPSHOT

Then, install it using the command:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.geronimo.buildsupport
-DartifactId=geronimo-module-archetype \
        -Dversion=2.2-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
there:     mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.geronimo.buildsupport
-DartifactId=geronimo-module-archetype \
        -Dversion=2.2-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file \
         -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

org.apache.geronimo.buildsupport:geronimo-module-archetype:jar:2.2-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 3 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Feb 28 09:45:26 MST 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 4M/8M
[INFO]

Did I goof, or is something amiss?

Jim