geronimo-user mailing list archives

From ApolloX <>
Subject CMP2 on G2 - Delayed Database Flush
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 02:54:56 GMT

Is there a way to configure when commands are flushed to the database for
EJB2 CMP beans in G2?  I noticed something that may be related to the severe
caching/performance slowdown from trying to migrate CMP2 beans from G1 to

Here's a concrete example of the behavior:

AdminLocalHome movieHome = (MovieLocalHome)
MovieLocal newMovie = movieHome.create(someId);
newMovie.setTitle("The Matrix");

In G1, this code worked fine because the database INSERT was delayed until
after the setTitle() was called.  In G2, the INSERT happens immediately
after the call to create() leading to a database insertion error since title
is a required field in the database.

Could someone provide me with a solution to delay the database flushing
until later on?  As I've said, I don't get the impression anything is being
cached for CMP2 beans in G2 based on the severe performance slowdown I've