geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Burt Prior <bpr...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.1 and Seam
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 00:29:57 GMT

Hi Jay,

Thanks very much for the jar file.  That helped a great deal.

I'm stuck...

I am now *almost* able to deploy the Seam 'booking' example.  I'm having
real problems with the geronimo deployment plan (The Plan) listed in the
article.

The deployment plan uses the Derby database.  I'm using Oracle.  I've
successfully installed the Oracle jar in the respository and a configured a
(thin driver) database pool that jar.

I now successfully build the app, but when I try to deploy.bat from the
command line using the "The Plan", I get errors such as...

"Exception in Thread.. java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
oracle/jdbc/pool/OracleDataSource"

This class is in the oracle jar, but I think the geronimo deployment plan is
incorrect.

Can you give me some pointers/examples of setting up a deployment plan to
use hibernate and oracle?

Thanks,
.Burt