geronimo-user mailing list archives

From ApolloX <sc...@selikoff.net>
Subject Re: EJB Entity Cache in Geronimo 2.1
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2008 01:00:01 GMT

I discovered I could set the default jpa properties previously mentioned for
the server by adding them to the jpa persistence section in the server's
config xml file.  I think where I was most confused is that it wasn't clear
to me that with CMP2 in G2.1, the ultimate controller of persistence was
jpa.

Where does openejb fit into the architecture?  I see numerous calls all by
openejb in the log files.  When I see a call to a finder method by openejb
does that means its going to the database, or it could be using data from
the cache?

Its possible my performance issues are un-related to caching, but either way
the application which was running in G1 is now thrashing on most calls, with
wait times in the minutes.