geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jim Foster <jfos...@tmtsaz.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo v2.1 Plan Creator => Deploy Liferay 4.4.1
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:27:38 GMT

Hi David,

djencks wrote:

> Jim,
>
> Is liferay 4.4.1 available on a maven repo?

  Unfortunately, no.

djencks wrote:

> If not where can I find it?

  Liferay has several sources:

  [1] Bundled distributions are at
      http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/downloads/portal

  [2] The Additional Files page at
http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/downloads/additional has links for:

      - a war distribution of the portal itself

      - a dependencies collection of jars: portal-kernel, portal-service,
portlet
        (which I don't think are needed for Geronimo)

      - liferay-portal-geronimo-derby-pool-4.4.1.car
        (which must be deployed first, according to the site, and contains
the ra.xml file which we would need to update for v2.1)

      - manual database population scripts

  [3] Individual liferay components are also listed on sourceforge at

djencks wrote:

> Is liferay normally built with maven?  I snagged the plan off an earlier
> mail...

  No.

  If you browse the SVN repository at

    https://lportal.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/lportal/

  you will see build.xml files in the directories, so the answer seems
apparent that they are sticking with ant.

djencks wrote:

> By far the easiest way to create a g 2.1 plugin is with maven.

  I hear that. Maven is the only way...period. Whatever I can do to assist
this effort, please do not hesitate to ask.

  I am by no means a maven guru, but I can certainly hold my own, and I am
willing to do any grunt work by way of testing, or anything else that you
deem appropriate.

djencks wrote:

> I'm starting a maven archetype to make it easy to set up a maven project
> to generate a plugin.  This seems like a good test case.
>
> thanks
> david jencks

  This is good to hear.

  With Geronimo v2.1 being made up almost entirely of plugins now, combined
with the momentum behind OSGi-ifying Geronimo, a solid plugin procedure
needs to be established.

Jim