geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jim Foster <jfos...@tmtsaz.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo v2.1 Plan Creator => Deploy Liferay 4.4.1
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 00:16:58 GMT

djencks wrote:

> Jim,
>
> Is liferay 4.4.1 available on a maven repo?  If not where can I find it?
> Is liferay normally built with maven?  I snagged the plan off an earlier
> mail...
>
> By far the easiest way to create a g 2.1 plugin is with maven.  I'm
> starting a maven archetype to make it easy to set up a maven project to
> generate a plugin.  This seems like a good test case.
>
> thanks
> david jencks

Hi David,

I think this is an excellent suggestion!

When one thinks of application server usage, a Portal environment is usually
hovering near the top of use-case scenarios, followed closely by CMS, so if
we were to take Liferay as a first use-case and make it a model, we would be
solving many problems at once: your archetype development, a use-case model
suitable for public consumption, and solving my particular development
situation.

I need to step away right now, but I will follow-up again to this thread and
provide you with all the information you require so that we can work
together on getting this accomplished.

Thanks!

Jim