geronimo-user mailing list archives

From fmchale <fmch...@cisco.com>
Subject Deploying Web Services and Geronimo 2.1
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:07:27 GMT

Hi,

I am new to using geronimo and Java EE in general, so pardon me if my
question is something quite simple and redundant.  I have built an ear
application that contains session beans and a war application.  I would like
also to have those session beans availale as web services.  From my reading
and research, if I use jaxws-2.0 I do not have to create a wsdl file or any
others.  All I should have to do is add the appropriate annotation.  So I
added the @WebService annotation to the interface of the bean I wish to make
available (there is only one stateless session bean anyway).  When I attempt
to deploy the project I recieve a null pointer acception?  Am I missing
something with my research?  I was under the impression I didnt need to
create a wsdl file, is this wrong?  Any help or guidance would be
appreciated.  Thanks
>From the logs

01:02:36,937 INFO  [config] Configuring Service(id=Default Stateless
Container, type=Container, provider-id=Default Stateless Container)
01:02:36,937 INFO  [config] Configuring Service(id=Default Stateful
Container, type=Container, provider-id=Default Stateful Container)
01:02:36,937 INFO  [config] Configuring Service(id=Default BMP Container,
type=Container, provider-id=Default BMP Container)
01:02:36,937 INFO  [config] Configuring Service(id=Default CMP Container,
type=Container, provider-id=Default CMP Container)
01:02:36,937 INFO  [config] Configuring app:
matchmakerear/matchmaker-ear/1.0/ear
01:02:37,171 ERROR [Deployer] Deployment failed due to
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.openejb.config.AnnotationDeployer$ProcessAnnotatedBeans.deploy(AnnotationDeployer.java:892)
	at
org.apache.openejb.config.AnnotationDeployer$ProcessAnnotatedBeans.deploy(AnnotationDeployer.java:413)
	at
org.apache.openejb.config.AnnotationDeployer.deploy(AnnotationDeployer.java:165)
	at
org.apache.openejb.config.ConfigurationFactory$Chain.deploy(ConfigurationFactory.java:141)
	at
org.apache.openejb.config.ConfigurationFactory.configureApplication(ConfigurationFactory.java:425)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.configureApplication(EjbModuleBuilder.java:638)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.getEjbJarInfo(EjbModuleBuilder.java:575)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.openejb.deployment.EjbModuleBuilder.initContext(EjbModuleBuilder.java:497)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.deployment.EARConfigBuilder.buildConfiguration(EARConfigBuilder.java:595)
	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:254)
	at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:133)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:867)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.KernelGBean.invoke(KernelGBean.java:342)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor129.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:867)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
	at
org.apache.geronimo.system.jmx.MBeanGBeanBridge.invoke(MBeanGBeanBridge.java:172)
	at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(Unknown
Source)
	at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doOperation(Unknown
Source)
	at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.access$200(Unknown Source)
	at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl$PrivilegedOperation.run(Unknown
Source)
	at
javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doPrivilegedOperation(Unknown
Source)
	at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor97.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(Unknown Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(Unknown
Source)
	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)